Glorious, golden cinnamon sugar doughnut holes!
Now, these cuties are a simple and quick “homemade” alternative to store bought doughnut holes.
Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Holes
What You’ll Need:
- Can of Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits
- Ground Cinnamon
- Light Brown Sugar
- Canola or Peanut Oil (Not pictured below)
What To Do:
- Mix about 1/4 cup of Light Brown Sugar and about Half 1/4 of cup of Cinnamon. Most people like to do equal parts but I prefer adding the cinnamon to taste. If you want a more cinnamony flavor mix a full 1/4 cup of each.
2. Preheat deep fryer. If you are using a small pot like I did here, fill it with about 2 inches of oil. It does not take long to get hot, so I suggest preheating on medium to medium high and keeping a close eye on your oil. Took me about 4-5 mins on medium high. Sometimes it will take less time or a little more.
3. Separate the biscuits into however many come in your can of biscuits. In this case, eight biscuits. Then grab a round cookie cutter (or any shape you like). Cut into several small pieces. If you want traditional holes, roll the biscuit in your hand to form balls. If not, leave in whatever form you prefer. I have tried stars before and they look like pointy doughnut holes. ^_^
Good to eat, either way.
4. Turn temperature down to medium. Drop in oil and fry until golden brown. Have a fork or spatula ready to turn each doughnut so it is golden brown on both sides. Takes about 45 seconds to 1 minute per side to get nice and golden.
5. Remove and place on a plate with a paper towel or an empty egg carton like I have here. Make sure you let most of the oil run off before removing. Let cool for 30 seconds before rolling in cinnamon sugar mix.
6. Roll in cinnamon sugar mix until lightly coated. If you want a better coat you can put the doughnut holes in the sugar mix right after you remove them from the oil.
Eat and Enjoy!! Personally, I like mine late at night with a little Coquito but Milk also works.
Thanks for reading!