‘Tis the season to be jolly and enjoy the yummy goodness that a cupcake can bring. So here’s to the holidays and festive but always yummy treats.
These are the some of the colorful cupcakes I made today. They are a little messy and covered in chocolate butter cream, which is my way of saying they are delicious. ^_^
Besides these cuties. I also made some like this.
Very festive, right. Now, that you’ve seen them I’m sure you want to know how I threw them together. Well, here’s a quick how to. ^_^
What You Will Need
- 1 Box of White Cake Mix (Made from scratch is fine too)
- Food Coloring (Liquid or Gel is fine)
- Chocolate Butter Cream (any flavor you like would work)
- Jam or Jelly Jars
What To Do
- Mix the White Cake Mix as directed or put together your favorite white cake recipe. I used a box mix because it was faster and I really wanted some cupcakes. ^_^ Either one is yummy.
- Then the divide the batter into several bowls. I divided mine into five bowls but you are welcome to do more or less. Just try to divide it evenly between however many bowls.
- Add the food coloring gel and make the colors you want. I made blue, red, green, yellow and orange. (Most food coloring packages have basic color guidelines if you need to mix more complex color combos like Teal, which I didn’t make today but I still love.)
- Preheat your oven as instructed by your recipe.
- Line cupcake pans without mixing the colors. If you mix them, you can make marble effects and that type of thing but this works best in solid colors.
- Let cook on wire rack.
- Remove wrappers from five cupcakes, one of each color. Cut into two rounds.
- Drop the bottom of one color into the jar. Top with butter cream. Add another piece in a different color. Top with more butter cream. Then place the top of a cupcake on top and add a nice swirl of butter cream. Mix and match however you like.
- Once you run out of pieces you can cut more cupcakes and put them in the jars or just top the whole cupcakes. I did both. Some were for now and the rest for later.
Enjoy now or put a lid on them and refrigerate for later. Either way is yummy. They can be stored in the fridge for up to three days with a lid.
Here are some photos of the steps:
I hope you enjoy this fun treat. I sure did. My favorite part is that this idea can translate to just about any kind of party, activity and or holiday. ^_^
Thank you for reading!!