Currently, I am a stay at home mom with a great little boy who loves to share. That simple and spirited love of sharing and being friendly has inspired me to give back to someone in need of some Holiday Cheer! After thinking about it for a few days and visiting several make a wish like sites, I decided to take a personal interest in making a person, people, or a family happy. I realize everyone is going through tough times but some are struggling more than others. I am one of the lucky ones who is scraping by with a little extra that I am willing to share.
How it works:
Leave a comment below or follow me on twitter @YalyVidal (https://twitter.com/#!/YalyVidal ) to nominate someone. Make sure to reply to @YalyVidal with your nomination on twitter using the #HolidayCheer or send me a message. The nominees can be a friend, a family, or yourself.
In your comment share why you or someone you know needs some good old holiday cheer! Also include some of their interests and a little about who they are! For twitter followers the challenge lies in doing this in 140 characters (several messages are also fine just remember the #HolidayCheer).
Check out the comments or read my twitter feed on my homepage to vote for the person, people, or family you think needs the most cheer! You can post a comment or reply with your vote! You can also include the #HolidayCheer and reply to @YalyVidal with the persons name or twitter to vote.
- You can only vote for your nomination once.
- You can only make two separate nominations unless you email me and I approve a third nomination. My email is on the ABOUT page at https://yayasanime.wordpress.com/about/.
- The contest is only open to people in the U.S. living in one of the 48 contiguous states.
- The nominations are not guaranteed to win or be chosen.
- Remember to nominate someone who NEEDS some Holiday Cheer! Although all nominations are welcome, I would prefer nominees who NEED some Holiday help. Please keep this in mind when nominating.
- The votes will be counted in order to determine how many pieces of paper each of the nominees will receive for the final round where the name(s) will be picked out of a hat on December 10th 2011. Once the nominee is picked I will tweet their name and send the nominator a message.*
*NOTE: A nominee will have a better chance of winning if they get lots of votes so spread the word and get your friends to vote. This is your call to action: Anyone can vote!
The prize(s) will sent directly to the person nominated along with a Holiday card. The prize is based on the interest(s) of the chosen winner(s). The prizes may be Christmas presents, Cards, Books, or Basic Necessities if the winner (nominee) chooses.
Contest Ends: Saturday, December 10th 2011 when a winner will be chosen.
THE LAST DAY TO VOTE OF NOMINATE SOMEONE IS: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9TH 2011!
If you have any questions please ask and I will get back to you promptly!
Thank you for reading!
I WILL BE EXTENDING THE CONTEST UNTIL SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10TH 2011!